Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Ambition and Distress

I will never again hear the words from anybody that “You don’t have the mentality to do this”. I feel that many adults have this idea that if surprise them with a masterpiece that I couldn’t possibly do that. To say that I can’t do something is like to tell a child that he can’t be whoever he want s to be when he grows up. It will untimely crush them.
When someone says “I’m proud of you La Tanya” and really means it, it’s the best feeling in the world. On the other hand when someone told me that I couldn’t write on deeper meaning I couldn’t believe my ears. I felt my ambition drop and I knew that I didn’t want to be a writer anymore. It crushed me to know that they had little faith in me. Maybe I thought to myself that I really wasn’t a good writer, maybe it was all just an illusion. The one time that I really try on an essay I get turned down because my teacher thought I was a cheater. I felt alone, I felt dark and as if the curtain had been pulled and it was actually on robes that controlled my actions.

No comments: